How’s everyone’s week going so far?
To be honest, I’m feeling a little overwhelmed today. Between the blog, my Etsy shop, and life in general, it always seems like there’s something I HAVE to be doing. It’s stressful and just too much sometimes.
When I get in these moods, it can be easy to neglect myself and my wellbeing, but that shouldn’t be the case!
Even when you’re feeling overwhelmed and stressed, you will always have time to take a breath and a few small steps towards a better you.
Let’s get started being a better you, shall we?
- Write down your goals, both long and short term.
- Plan a reward for the weekend after working hard all week (like a staycation!)
- Drink enough water.
- Get enough sleep. Let your brain take a rest.
- Eat real, whole, brain boosting foods with plenty of fruits and veggies incorporated.
- Get moving. Go for a jog or a walk.
- Reframe negative thoughts into positive ones. Limit all negativity.
- Say thank you.
- Say I love you.
- Target unhealthy relationships to wean away from, focus on healthy ones to nurture.
- Limit screen time. Your eyes and your soul will thank you.
- Go outside. Get that vitamin D!
- Read more.
- Laugh with all you have.
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Get to bed early so you can rise and shine with the morning.
- Make a dream board. What are your goals in life?
- Contemplate your passions. (& blog about it!)
- Make to-do lists so you can get things done!
- Identify what makes you happy, how can you incorporate more of that into your life?
- Stretch or meditate.
- Try something new, embrace the failure if it happens.
- Identify stressors and stay positive instead.
- Take the stairs.
- Invest your energy in the present, don’t dwell in the past. You can’t change that now.
- Aim for productivity!
- Plan your meals for the week to stay healthy and on track.
- Plant fresh herbs in a garden or a window box.
- Clean out your junk drawers.
- Say what feel, mean what you say.
- Clean up your closets, store out of season clothes for more space.
- Don’t skip meals, make them more nourishing and healthy instead.
- Floss every day!
- Learn when to say no.
- Rock out to your favorite music.
- Take time for yourself.
- Exercise your brain, do a puzzle or a crossword.
- Practice positive affirmation. You are beautiful. You are smart. You are worthy.
- Don’t carry over stress, wake up to a new, fresh day every morning.
- Gather loose change and put it in a jar.
- Don’t be afraid to be your own advocate. Speak up for yourself.
- Take time to find inspiration for your day to day life.
- Treat yourself the way you deserve. Never settle for anything less.
- Don’t be stingy with hugs.
- Don’t hold back tears. Let it go.
- Practice kindness. Treat others how you want to be treated.
- Be gentle with yourself first. Recognize how hard you try.
- Learn a new skill today, whether it be a few words of a new language or take the first step in a hobby.
- Embrace the day, roll with the punches, and focus on the good.
Now you have plenty of ways to feel fulfilled and content in your everyday life. These quick steps towards being a better you will lead you to feeling happier and ready to take on the day!
For a free goal planning worksheet, click below for access to our free resource library!